- 2 months ago
- 213 views
- We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to lead the development of our search, personalization, and recommendations. Using your deep machine learning expertise while considering the broader business context, you will develop industry-leading recommendations in visual search. This position will have a direct impact on the search and browse paths for millions of customers and drive key conversion metrics.
- Build industry-leading algorithms for search, personalization, and recommendations, using our images, metadata, and/or customer interactions to significantly improve our customers’ image/video search and discovery experiences
- Lead, guide and mentoring data scientists and data analysts in implementing our technical strategy and roadmap
- Develop our technical ranking roadmap alongside product, team members, and leadership. Distilling customer requirements into problem definitions and identifying measures of success
- Develop and implement online and offline testing and validation methodologies
- Partner with data engineers, machine learning engineers, and search engineers to implement and deploy new ranking algorithms in the production process
- Expertise building and validating search, personalization, recommendation, and/or newsfeed algorithms for customer-facing products
- A minimum of 2 years validated experience
- A strong understanding of the real-world advantages and drawbacks of various algorithms and the ability to measure success
- Ability to handle ambiguity, challenging priorities and objectives. Experience solving highly technical problems
- Hands-on experience with accessing data, Python, machine learning libraries, and deep learning libraries (ex: scikit-learn, NumPy, pandas, scipy, TensorFlow, SQL, hive, spark, etc.)
- Ability to write clean, understandable, well-documented code that follows leading industry standards and practices,
- Ability to build easily reproducible models
- Expertise providing mentorship and guidance to team members.
- An ability to consider biases that exist in the data and develop solutions to mitigate biases appropriately
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills at all levels, including of sophisticated technical solutions to non-experts
- Open listener, ability to be open to many diverse voices and perspectives, clear, credible, and forward-thinking
- A Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Economics, Sociology, Natural Sciences, or any equivalent field is preferred
- A quiet location with reliable high-speed internet connectivity, environment suitable for professional work (desk, chair, external monitor, etc.)
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment
204,000 a year
The starting salary range for this position at time of posting is USD 122,400 to USD 204,000 per annum. Getty Images has different ranges in different locations within the US, and this range represents the starting base pay range. Actual compensation will depend on factors including but not limited to: qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, certification, business needs, performance, and level of responsibility along with the requirements of the position. The company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any point in the future. Getty Images is committed to the health and well-being of its employees and benefits for full-time permanent employees may include participation in the company incentive program, equity, and benefits package which is inclusive of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid company holidays and time off, and paid parental leave. Visit our career site to learn more about our career opportunities and Diversity & Inclusion commitments.
Are you passionate about search engine technologies, ranking and recommendations systems, AI/ML ? We would love to hear from you. Join us in our mission to move the world through imagery!
Benefits at Getty Images
We provide Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance for you and your family. We partner with Meritain (An Aetna Company), and CVS Caremark to provide you with two options for medical coverage - a POS plan and an HSA-qualified (Health Savings Account) Plan. The POS plan comes with a 1400-$2400 per year to spend on any qualified health expenses. Dental insurance is available through Delta Dental. Vision Insurance is available through VSP. All full-time employees working at least 25 hours per week will become eligible for health benefits the 1st of the month following their date of hire. Contributions to health care accounts are prorated based on the date of hire. For more information on these benefits, you may request an electronic copy of our Benefits Guide.
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
We provide a flexible time off policy. Additionally, we pay 4 weeks of fully-paid Parental Leave for new parents, with primary caregivers eligible for an additional 8 weeks of fully-paid leave.
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Disability and Life Insurance
We automatically enroll and pay for Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) up to 2 times your annual salary. We also provide you with fully paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have access to free, confidential assistance for everyday problems such as stress management, financial coaching, marital or family issues, substance abuse, occupational problems, and referrals for legal, childcare, and eldercare services. Employees can seek additional discounts on other wellness activities such as travel, gym memberships, and sports! Through our EAP services, employees are also eligible for 3 free counseling visits and life coaching sessions.
Start saving for retirement! Getty Images matches up to 4% of your deferred compensation, with immediate vesting – that means all of Getty Images employer match money is automatically yours – with no waiting period!
Learning & growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).