- 23 days ago
- 146 views
Data and analytics are critical to our future growth at ezCater. As a Manager of Product Analytics, you will oversee all facets of analytics for multiple product domains, directly leading a team of analysts to leverage our rich data asset to identify and drive new growth opportunities, all while partnering closely with our Data, Analytics, Product Management, and Engineering colleagues. The ideal candidate will be a strong critical thinker, able to identify new business opportunities, tackle complex analytical challenges, and comfortable working across a broad array of advanced analytics techniques while being a trusted partner to a talented, collaborative peer group. You’ll also be comfortable rolling up your sleeves as a manager-doer in order to lead the team in implementing our analytics roadmap to tackle ambiguous analytics challenges, provide data-driven insights and solutions, and create scalable analytics practices and approaches across the business.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, manage, mentor, and develop a growing team of product analysts
- Own, develop, and implement the strategic analytic 3-6 month roadmap and agenda to unlock insights about our customers and their use of our products, guiding the business through action-oriented business insights and recommendations.
- Design models, experiments, analytic insights, and reporting to guide complex business decisions and strategies
- Develop scalable analytic processes, methods, and self-service tools to ensure other analysts and partners are empowered to make data-driven decisions with a positive impact on success metrics
- Lead the team in development, prioritization, and execution of analytic strategy for broad, complex, unstructured analytics problems while driving forward deliverables that address fundamental and ambiguous business questions.
- Guide and direct analysts’ deep-dive advanced statistical and data science analyses (e.g. clustering models, classification, etc) and assess causal links between customer behavior and product feature use to financial impact
- Collaborate with all facets of the organization including product management, engineering, and creative design to lead teams in identifying the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate growth.
- Explain customer use of our products through data-driven analysis, including a combination of ad hoc analyses, KPI definition & monitoring, dashboard & report building, experimentation design and analysis, and proactive insight generation and modeling.
What You Have:
- Have 5-9 years experience in a relevant field, such as analytics or data science, performing quantitative and technical analysis, ideally with experience in marketplace e-commerce environments or B2B / SaaS companies.
- Past experience leading and developing a team of individual contributors and/or large projects with multiple contributors
- Experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can add strong business value and setting the analytics roadmap for a team.
- Self-directed and demonstrated ability to define, prioritize, and direct analytics initiatives
- Demonstrated proficiency in explaining complex analysis to stakeholders at all levels of the organization and translating conclusions into straightforward, actionable business recommendations and strategic direction.
- Expert proficiency in statistical measures of analysis and experimental test design including A/B testing, confidence intervals, and other routine statistical measures of dispersion
- Expert proficiency in SQL; Experience with statistical modeling tools (R, Python) and common data science / ML approaches (e.g. Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, k-nearest neighbors, and Logistic Regression, etc) a plus
- Expert conducting quantitative analyses on large, complex data sets using modern data exploration and visualization software (e.g. Snowflake, Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, PowerBI, Sigma)
- Demonstrated success in communicating with and influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis.
- Experience partnering with business teams on agile model development.
- Be able to own and deliver projects/programs both on your own and as a member of a broader team.
The national cash compensation range for this role is 210,000.
Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You’ll Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.