How we work:
Our small, fully remote product, design, and engineering team is filled with empathetic and caring individuals dedicated to unlocking the power of human connection. We’re organized as smaller (three to six person) pods that evolve a few times a year based on our objectives and the addition of new talent. We build new features together in two-week sprints and this cadence aligns with other company rituals. Our core connection hours are 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET / 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. PT.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced product manager with a strong design and user research background to join us during this exciting time of growth and expansion. While we don't use hierarchical titles internally for most individual contributor roles, the scope and compensation for this role are targeted towards someone who has several years of experience.
You’ll get to build products that tens of thousands of companies around the world use and, as part of a small team, you’ll have the opportunity to have an outsized impact on the success of our company.
What you’ll do:
- Define new features and craft delightful experiences that our customers love.
- Inspire, motivate, and support your team to build products and grow the business.
- Define and set key results and goals and track the success of the product features that we launch, knowing how to iterate based on metrics and customer feedback.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and wireframes for new features.
- Continuously collaborate with other Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineering and Customer team.
- Iterate on and drive the product development and design process for your team – from problem definition to design implementation, conception to launch.
- Help define a product roadmap and be able to break a larger vision into discrete projects that guide your team’s execution approach.
- Conduct user testing throughout the design cycle and solicit feedback from the rest of the Donut team.
- Work with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Experienced Product Manager. You have at least 4 years of experience as a user-facing Product Manager with a track record of building and shipping successful products in a software development setting.
- Distill User Problems: You apply your curiosity to evaluate market trends, seek user feedback, conduct research, and analyze data to understand the current state and near future of our problem space. You’re great at synthesizing research to define and articulate user problems.
- User-centered Ideation & Solution Definition: You’re creative and good at facilitating ideation: for you and an extended team. You care about users and solving their problems. You love making beautiful, simple, and enjoyable user experiences and have a knack for scoping MVPs.
- Execute: you can masterfully coordinate multiple workstreams, owning product decisions and running the day-to-day tasks of developing a product – sprint planning, backlog grooming, etc. – with your engineering team. A natural project manager, you love organizing things. Longer term, you’re comfortable establishing roadmaps that are inspiring, actionable, and flexible.
- Assess Outcomes: Your work moves the needle and you know when to converge or pivot because you’re comfortable with data. You know how to choose metrics to make sure you focus on the highest-potential areas and you understand the basics of experimentation and experimentation design.
- Empathetic Collaborator. You can partner with functions across the company to gather insights and develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Skilled Communicator and Storyteller. You have strong written and verbal communication skills. Not only does everyone clearly understand what your pod is up to but you can motivate others by placing work in the context of user needs and a broader company vision.
175,000 a year
Benefits (full-time US employees)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program
- Unlimited paid time off and 12 company holidays
- Paid family leave
- Monitor stipend
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefit
© 2023 Remote Jobs LLC