- a month ago
- 451 views
The Technical Writing & Documentation team creates engaging and informative technical content, particularly our public product documentation: Datadog Docs. Our team is hands-on with the technologies that Datadog monitors, and collaborates with technical and product teams to create technical documentation for our APIs, SDKs, developer and security tools, and community developed integrations — thousands of pages of content! Plus engineering blog posts and a monthly product newsletter.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with our product and engineering teams, manage documentation projects, and create public user documentation, with a focus on Infrastructure monitoring and Datadog developer platform.
- Dig into source code for community and internally developed systems to collect technical details for documentation.
- Create developer-facing documentation and guides for APIs, developer and SRE tools, and the Agent, to enable the developer and monitoring community to onboard and succeed with our products.
- Collaborate with the docs team and our open source community to develop documentation standards and continually improve our processes.
- As a senior team member, you will also provide coaching, mentoring, and guidance to others in the team.
- Depending on the individual and team capacity, you may also contribute to our Datadog Engineering Blog and our monthly newsletter, sent to over 500,000 customers per month.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced technical writer, at least 5 years of relevant experience, developing documentation with a developer or SRE audience, including SDK documentation.
- You are experienced in using Markdown, a static-site generator, and Github to develop and publish documentation with a ‘Docs as Code’ approach.
- You are fluent in reading and understanding at least 2 programming languages (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python).
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern infrastructure such as IaaS cloud services and containers.
- You have publicly available technical writing samples.
- You have written or managed server-side software and documentation.
- Bonus points if you have experience or knowledge within the Cloud Observability and Monitoring domain, or low-code/no-code platforms.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from 174,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position