- 10 months ago
- 331 views
Ruby on Rails
Gumroad is great for folks who people who like focus on shipping high-quality work for our customers instead of socializing or meeting.
We do it by being flexible (working 20-35hrs a week), transparent, asynchronous, and high-trusting. We also have a very high adherence to our (limited) process.
You can read more about the way we work here: https://sahillavingia.com/work
This way of working isn’t for everyone. Some internal docs to help you decide if it’s for you:
You’ll ship product features, fix bugs, and remove technical debt. Our stack is Ruby on Rails + React. You should have familiarity with using both in production.
This role is 149k/yr) and is worldwide.
If you’re interested…
- Phone call with Sahil
- Common Qs: Phone information
- Paid contract-to-hire, 4 weeks
We like challenges because we think they’re more fair than requiring résumés/degrees, but if you prefer showing off a badass resume / short bio, you can try that too!
Please compress the highlights of your career thus far into a few bullet points and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your best work samples.
- Everyone bills per hour
- Everyone is paid in cash + matching stock options @ $100M valuation
- There are no health benefits, perks, equipment, etc
- Contracts officially last 18 months, though many people have worked at Gumroad for several years
- Max hrs per week: 35
- Take as much time off as you want, these are contract positions
- We plan to meet up once per year, next in Italy 🇮🇹