- 8 months ago
- 137 views
As a Game Designer at Lumi Interactive you’ll be part of a team working on Kinder World’s mechanics and game systems. Working with the team and other designers to help bring our game to life with a focus on real mental health benefits, compassion and bringing kindness into the world through art and science.
- Game mechanics and game system design
- Use fast experimentation to refine design
- Work with UX designer for detailed user flow design
- Make data driven design decisions for the product
- Clear communication with all members of the team
- Experience as a Game Designer (1+ years experience for Junior, 2-4 years experience for Mid level)
- Experience in the Free To Play mobile games market, including monetisation
- Have worked on a mobile game during its LiveOps stage
- Previous experience in raising retention, bonus points for doing so on a live product
- Be a clear, Professional and compassionate communicator
- Have a passion for creative problem solving
- Show a willingness to scope down ideas and develop
- Have a collaborative mindset & is eager to work together with teammates to deliver ideas
- An understanding that game production is iterative in nature, and the value of ‘good-enough’ work over ‘perfected’ work which is delayed
- Show genuine care and interest in our team values and target audience
- Have experience writing GDDs or equivalent documentation
- Have experience with UI design or working with UI designers.
- The role has room for expanding into specialisations as well as working on other products at Lumi as we grow
- Support from leads, external mentors and a wide range of wonderful co-workers
- Our product impacts people in an important and positive way, which can be a rare opportunity
- We empower our product teams to make their own decisions. They’re not just feature teams assigned by others - they’re in charge.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Lumi Interactive we're committed to developing and upholding an inclusive, transparent, and comfortable environment for all.
We aim for a clear recruitment process and barrier-free work environment for successful candidates. If our work team requires any accommodation, we work with them to meet accessibility needs.
If you’re not sure that you meet every requirement, or think that your experience level isn’t where it needs to be, we’d like to highlight that studies show that women, gender non-conforming, and people of colour are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification. At Lumi, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you’re interested in this position, but you’re not sure your past experience lines up perfectly, we invite you to apply regardless. You may be more qualified than you think!
This annual salary for a full time employee in this role is expected to range between 85K AUD, based on experience. ESOP is available for our early hires. We also provide a monthly ‘Wellbeing Stipend’ to promote employee health, and we have a 4 day work week.