- 17 days ago
- 160 views
Through own expertise and the work of a team, will provide comprehensive financial guidance to small business clients which includes developing financial forecasting models, tax-advantaged strategies, multi-year cash flow projections, accounting software optimization, budgeting, and financial control recommendations. This role plays a pivotal part in ensuring clients’ financial success and growth by providing tailored advice and tools to help them achieve their specific business goals.
- Lead team to deliver on department functions and deliverables; includes hiring, training, coaching, living Guidant values and guiding principles, setting priorities, performance management, and progressive discipline if needed
- Clearly communicate the expectations for the financial consulting process to clients
- Collaborate with clients to understand financial goals and objectives. Analyze and comprehend the intricacies of the client's business, identifying key financial levers, assets, and expenses
- Discuss and provide recommendations on business/entity structure, asset acquisition strategies, and insurance
- Develop multi-year cash flow projection model customized for the client's business, including estimates for startup costs, operating expenses, revenue projections, and profitability
- Advise on tax strategy for the initial setup and operation of their business
- Oversee optimization of accounting software to meet the client's initial business tracking needs, including chart-of-accounts, key reports, and automation of incoming transactions from their bank accounts, and credit cards
- Build, oversee and review forecast and budget models, including directing clients on discovery for uncovering key assumptions and standards for their business
- Oversee the creation of a budget to guide the client's first year in business, uploaded into QBO for easy tracking of business performance against expectations
- Collaborate with clients to review and make necessary revisions to the financial projections model and the first-year budget
- Provide customized recommendations for financial controls and processes, including their plans for bookkeeping, payroll, records retention and tax filing maintenance
- Educate and coach on QBO reporting to ensure clients are familiar with how to access and evaluate their future financial data
- Explain our maintenance services to clients and refer them to the sales teams as appropriate
- Travel to, attend, and present at conferences; present on webinars, other external events and internal meetings
- Collaborate with other departments to drive department and company objectives
- Write and review content that helps us better filter and support Guidant clients on their path to financial success
- Identify problem areas, devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and prevent future problems
- Maintain consistent policies and procedures across clients to uphold firm quality standards
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field; Certified Public Accountant with active license required
- Proficient knowledge of U.S. tax code and tax regulations, state and local tax experience highly desired
- Ability and desire to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Progressive accounting experience in public accounting or similar work environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Excellent analytical skills with particular attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple engagements and competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, IQ, and EQ
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment where you can be a self-directed, independent worker
- Ability to create an inclusive workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging by empowering all our employees to speak up, ask questions, and be seen
- Must pass a background check
- Must meet work from home requirements to qualify
- Complete continuing education based upon current certifications
For this position there are minimum work from home requirements that must be met in order to perform the essential functions in a remote work from home (WFH) environment. These include 1) a space to work out of (i.e., home office) and 2) High speed internet
- Our People are Key to Success: Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- When You Grow, We Grow: Continue to learn with ongoing training, career pathing, and supportive leaders. For the last three years, Guidant has promoted more than 20% of our organization into new and exciting roles!
- Wellness: Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (with free premium option), competitive salary, paid parental leave and a generous 401k match. Be able to disconnect with Paid Time Off of 3 weeks and 11 Paid Holidays.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Work from the enjoyment of your home office. We work with entrepreneurs every day; we want you to have autonomy within your work structure with company provided equipment.
- Awesome Culture: Be part of Guidant’s award-winning culture and have the experience to connect through coffee with senior leaders or hit a home run being part of our company sporting events.
- Empowering Equity and Inclusion: Be part of an inclusive work environment that gives employees a voice to speak up, be heard, and supported.
This is a fully and permanently remote work from home opportunity with a growing and stable company available in select states across the US: AZ, FL, GA, ID, KS, LA, MI, MN, NC, NE, TX, UT, VA
The wage for this position is between 120,000 annually