- 15 days ago
- 115 views
The Senior Financial Analyst Role
We are seeking a Senior FP&A Analyst to help Petal build, maintain and enhance financial models, as well as assist with strategic analysis and manage ongoing forecasts. In this role, you will continuously iterate on our reporting and analyze trends in KPIs, while collaborating across the company and providing strategic/financial support to our Leadership team.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, detail-oriented, organized and works well both independently and with stakeholders to join our growing team.
- Maintain and augment financial models to support effective planning, analysis, and decision-making.
- Gather, consolidate, and analyze operating and financial data including preparing internal and external reporting deliverables, analyzing trends and drivers and illustrating forecast vs. actual variances.
- Prepare financials and reporting packages for multiple stakeholders including our Leadership team, investors, and board of directors.
- Assist in driving the annual budgeting, monthly re-forecasting, strategic planning, and variance analysis processes.
- Partner closely with functional heads and the People team to support headcount planning, forecasting, and organizational design by ensuring we have the right resources globally to support our rapidly growing business.
- Collaborate with Capital Markets and Accounting teams to support strategic initiatives and improve reporting across the business.
- Participate in ad-hoc finance projects.
- 3+ years of relevant finance experience (e.g., investment banking, corporate finance, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- Excellent financial modeling skills (e.g., three-statement modeling) with the ability to create a financial model from scratch and simplify complex financial situations
- Expert Excel/Google Sheets skills.
- Understanding of financial services or fintech industries, particularly consumer lending.
- Experience with management reporting and developing/implementing a budget and re-forecasting.
- Concise verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization.
- Organized and able to efficiently prioritize, multi-task, and adapt in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment; ability to meet deadlines.
- SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of credit card and/or consumer finance space.
- Experience working at a fintech, start-up or investment bank.
- Experience with cohort and/or unit economic analysis
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We’re proud to be different, together.
Petal provides standard ranges in order to be compliant with local legislation as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates. The compensation information provided here is based on a good faith estimate at the time of this job posting.
The salary range for this position is 115,000. Ranges are based on function, level, and office location, and are benchmarked against similar stage companies. Exact compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and office location, and may vary above or below from the amounts listed above.
The salary range listed is just one component of Petal’s total compensation package for employees. This position may also be eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Petal’s variable compensation plans.