- 5 months ago
- 137 views
We’re building the equipment industry’s most sophisticated marketplace, and we need a Software Engineer who can help execute building high-quality, tested features to differentiate us in the industry from the giants. This role will work with our engineering team to ensure that we are executing the product vision.
You'll have a seat at the table as we make critical decisions around product enhancements, new features, infrastructure, and tech stack. If you’re passionate about building a platform/marketplace to disrupt a massive industry and being an early member of a growing engineering team, we want to talk to you.
The role is 100% remote, with occasional travel for off-sites and ride-alongs with various parts of our organization. Prefer candidates to be co-located in the Front Range of Colorado, but not required.
- Contribute to architecture/tech stack decision making - You'll work with our Head of Engineering to assess options for back-end technologies and help inform decisions that will improve our tech stack for increased scalability.
- Partner with design and provide feedback on the feasibility of concepts - You'll help provide feedback and suggest alternative options as new feature designs come together to ensure we can execute on the vision.
- Own and implement major features of the core platform - You'll own the development of several major features and modules of our core marketplace/platform. You'll ensure that the code is well structured, tested, documented, and maintainable.
- Embrace Extreme Programming practices such as static analysis, code reviews & standards, TDD (where it makes sense), pair programming, frequent releases to minimize risk and maximize value delivery to our customers.
- Help monitor and enhance our infrastructure - You'll ensure that our cloud infrastructure is performing and work on improvements to ensure robustness/scaleability.
- Perform technical research and development via prototyping to inform future development - You'll own and work on mini-projects from time to time as experiments to prove or disprove our ability to build certain features on the longer-term roadmap. You'll also stay current with the latest front-end/backend technologies and share your findings with the team.
- Outcomes Focused - You have a track record of owning challenging goals and accomplishing them. You consistently get your work across the finish line, on time at a high-quality bar.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills - You are a team player who enjoys working in a tight-knit engineering team. You know how to keep communication flowing despite the team is geographically distributed.
- Interest in Construction - We’re building tech to power commerce in the $2T construction industry. It’s a monumental challenge but one that is incredibly important. You might not be familiar with the industry or heavy equipment (and that’s okay) but you should have a keen interest in understanding what makes construction tick, what the barriers to digitization have been, and how we can play a major role in the digital transformation of the industry. You’re not only willing but excited to throw on a safety vest, hard hat, and a pair of work boots and go check out some job sites.
- Compensation - 135,000
- Architecture Patterns: DDD / CQRS / Event Source / Distributed Computing / Queues
- Languages Used: C# / Typescript / Python / Java / Go
- Cloud Services: Azure Functions / AWS Lambdas
- Integration Testing: Gherkin/Cucumber/SpecFlows
- API Testing: Postman / Newman