- a year ago
- 178 views
The Rise backend powers our frontend on one side, and integrates with downstream calendar providers like Google Calendar on the other. Additionally we've built a scheduling engine that can instantly rank and score timeslots for our Find a Time feature. The initial backend is built with a Heroku/Ruby/PostgreSQL/Redis/Sidekiq stack. We are looking for a senior backend engineer to help launch and scale the Rise product.
As an early engineer you'll work on many different aspects of the product. A few examples:
- Collaborate with our client team to define a scalable and extensible API
- Dive deep into our event scheduling engine to improve performance or extend the capabilities
- Optimize our development workflow (for example making the first-time local setup for new hires easier, to setting up a staging environment, improve our build pipeline)
- Evaluate and utilize new libraries, frameworks and and tooling
- Involvement in hiring and onboarding of new engineers
- Significant experience in building distributed, scalable, performant and asynchronous backend applications in the cloud (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Significant experience with at least one scripting language, preferably Ruby 💎
- Cares a lot about high quality, readable, structured object oriented code. Advocates best practices and architecture patterns. Is able to make trade-offs between extensibility, optimization and execution speed. Empowers others by reviewing code.
- Proficient with different types of testing (integration, unit, stress, etc)
- Experience with system observability: automates eyes and ears throughout the stack with tooling (Grafana, New Relic, Sentry, etc). Familiarity with incident handling is a plus.
- Has a habit of being paranoid about security and privacy (input validation, network encryption, authentication, authorization)
- Is autonomous, able to independently pick up tasks and full projects and work through them end-to-end
- Is product and user minded: is always focused on how their work will impact or optimize the experience of Rise users
- We realize that as a founding team we're from similar backgrounds, that we have unconscious biasses and that we have work to do here. This is why we explicitly want to invite and encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Salary in the range of €80 -120k plus stock options
- M1 MacBook Pro, 5K display (if needed) and AirPods Max
- Work remotely, no commute to the office
- Paid co-working space if required
- Around 3/4 onsites per year to do fun stuff and/or build