- 17 days ago
- 265 views
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Engineering and Intelligence team. This candidate will partner with our SEO Marketing team to accelerate SEO growth at Grammarly. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of delivering impactful analytical projects within the SEO domain and partner with cross-functional peers to guide and influence decision-making.
The Grammarly data teams are trusted subject matter experts who uncover new insights to inform marketing, product, and growth strategies that drive outcomes at the highest levels of the company. We have large datasets and are looking for folks with deep technical and analytical skills who can break down complex business problems and provide solutions with high visibility and impact for the company.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. You can hear more from our team on our technical blog.
In this role, you will:
- Become a part of the core team focused on SEO growth for the company – a company-level objective.
- Own the metric development for the SEO space, partnering with cross-functional members to ensure clear and actionable insights.
- Design and run SEO experiments leveraging advanced statistical methodologies, including causal inference.
- Be the Data science thought leader for the cross-functional working group and provide evidenced-based guidance.
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations to improve our SEO performance by leveraging your deep expertise in the SEO and Data Science fields.
- Co-own the strategy, prioritization, and roadmap for SEO growth at the company.
- Collaborate directly with Marketing, Growth, and Engineering teams.
- Apply machine learning to identify the most critical web architecture components that drive beneficial SEO growth.
- Recruit, guide, and mentor junior and mid-level Data Scientists to create a best-in-class Data Science organization.
- Collaborate with other Data Scientists to continue to enhance the methodologies and practices used across the team that leverage the newest technological developments in the industry.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Holds a PhD or master’s degree in a quantitative field.
- Has 8+ years of relevant work experience with a proven track record of applying data science methods within the SEO domain.
- Is fluent in SQL with strong data exploration and manipulation skills.
- Is proficient in Python, R, or similar programming language.
- Has an understanding of causal inference methods and their application and ability to apply machine learning techniques when necessary.
- Has firm knowledge of experiment design and A/B and MVT testing.
- Is comfortable working with clickstream and web event-related data.
- Has a self-starting growth mindset and strong communication skills, translating technical insights into impactful business recommendations.
- Is a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems to their core elements.
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: 281,000/year (USD)
Zone 2: 253,000/year (USD)
Zone 3: 239,000/year (USD)
Zone 4: 225,000/year (USD)
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.