Wish is seeking a Lead Product Designer to drive growth & retention efforts for our consumer product. Wish focuses on helping customers find amazing products within our vast catalog, sourced from merchants around the world. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to explore new ways to engage customers, new and established through shaping our notification and email strategies. You will also help customers discover incentives & deals, and help craft our thinking about customer loyalty. You will work closely with Product Managers & Engineers to develop the experience strategy, and partner with Researchers & Data Scientists to understand key customer pain points that can ground our thinking and help us evolve the experience.
What you'll be doing
- Shape our strategy for growing customer engagement As part of the new product-led growth team, you will reshape notification experiences that draw in new and existing customers. You will also shape Wish’s incentives and loyalty program, which speaks to our value-driven customer base.
- Collaborate, influence, and negotiate You will work closely & collaboratively across different business units and advocate for a strong design system. You influence senior leadership within the company and rally them around doing right by the customer. You negotiate tactical tradeoffs with other cross-functional partners in an effort to balance design excellence and roadmap completion.
- Represent and advocate for the team’s priorities You will advocate for the customer & design voice in the planning & development process, with a focus on cross-functional alignment and work prioritization.
- Fill design’s seat at the table You will partner with peers across the organization to ensure a cohesive user experience across the marketplace, and help shape the culture of the design organization.
Contribute to the design system You understand how to work with a design pattern library, and know when to work with and when to extend, for the benefit of experience clarity and quality. You strive for universal, accessible designs.
- You are an innovative thinker and a strong individual leader, and can use your skills to open up possibilities for customers as well as your peers and partners. You can facilitate sessions to develop concepts and ideate toward a north star. You bring others along with you, and can also meet them where they are.
- You work across platforms and your portfolio shows it. You know when to follow, bend and break rules.
- You advocate for our customers and for experience quality, with an eye to sharing knowledge and expertise on what makes great products
- You value data & insights as the foundation of creating experiences. You actively gather information to inform your design choices, and prioritize working closely with Research & Data Science.
- You advocate for communication clarity and know how to partner with Content Designers to collaboratively build smart experiences.
- You value and help create a culture of feedback by both seeking it out, and by delivering feedback with clarity and care for your team. You model the behavior you value.
- You have 8 years of industry experience, and training in your craft (BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.)
- Ecommerce experience preferred. Experience with discovery-based commerce, and growth design, a plus.
Here at Wish, you are joining a team and company at a time of growth and transformation. You will love being surrounded by people who are as passionate as you are about e-commerce, technology, and a data-driven culture. Even if you don't meet 100% of the above, we encourage you to still apply!
The estimated base salary range for this position varies by the candidate's location as follows: Candidates located in California: 203,500 annually Candidates located in New York and Washington: 203,500 annually Candidates located in Colorado: 157,000 annually For states not listed, the estimated base salary range for this position starts around $131,000 annually
Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company's sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, qualifications and other business considerations.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
© 2023 Remote Jobs LLC