- 23 days ago
- 301 views
- Develop core libraries and infrastructure supporting high-quality, low-latency communications between hundreds of millions of users.
- Build creative, delightful new audio/video functionalities
- Continuously improve audio/video quality and performance end to end.
- Own end-user audio/video issues and fearlessly deep dive to root cause them
- While owning Windows specific media component, work across all platforms (Windows/MacOS/Linux/Android/iOS) as needed.
- 4+ years experience working on large, cross-platform software projects.
- Comfortable writing high-performance code in C++ or Rust.
- Working experience with Windows multimedia programming or game development.
- Knowledge of performance metrics such as CPU, GPU and memory management.
- You enjoy coming up with pragmatic solutions to concrete problems using first principles thinking.
- You are obsessed with user impact and pursue craftsmanship with a high quality of work.
- You have strong communication skills and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Experience working with common audio/video codecs and understanding on the performance differences.
- Cross-platform development experience across Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS or game console.
- Working experience with WebRTC and VOIP.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is 218,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees