Do Big Things
- 19 days ago
- 85 views
At Do Big Things we fight for powerful, lasting change. Our team uplifts candidates and causes through digital storytelling and tools that amplify diverse voices and empower communities. We are driving the digital innovation necessary to create the change we need in our world and we are the people we serve. DBT is proud to be women-owned and women-led, with a staff that’s 50% people of color.
Role + Responsibilities
Do Big Things is seeking a Finance Director with agency and/or advertising experience to join our Operations Team! In this role, you will oversee DBT’s day-to-day financial operations as well as payroll and benefits administration and compliance management. You will serve as a strategic partner to the leadership team as you track and analyze the data needed to make key financial decisions. This is a great opportunity for a finance and operations professional with agency and/or advertising experience to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a high-impact organization as we continue to grow.
As Do Big Things’ Finance Director, you will:
- Manage and execute all day-to-day aspects of Financial Management at DBT, including:
- Monthly financial bookkeeping and reporting responsibilities
- Tax management (in partnership with DBT’s accountants) & Annual 1099 preparation
- Budget planning and tracking, in partnership with the leadership team
- Oversee all accounts payable and accounts receivable operations
- Manage DBT’s full-time Staff Account
- Spearhead Payroll and Benefits Administration & Compliance Management functions including:
- Benefits management
- Insurance obligations & compliance
- State registrations & compliance
Skills + Qualifications
- Financial management in the agency and/or advertising industry
- While we don’t require a set number of years of experience, we expect that most successful candidates will have spent 6+ years working in finance or similar roles.
- Well-versed in Quickbooks, Excel, GAAP accounting, and payroll platforms (Zenefits preferred)
- Experience working in partnership with organization leadership
- A positive attitude and ability to creatively solve problems
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to shift gears quickly, balance competing deadlines, and work efficiently in a fast-paced agency atmosphere
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. We're looking for someone who understands the ways that race and other identities impact our work, and is ready to be an active participant in building an inclusive workplace.
If you’re not sure that you’re a perfect fit for the role, please still apply! We’re primarily interested in meeting candidates who are passionate about making progressive change, eager to learn, and ready to contribute to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Compensation + Perks
- Competitive Compensation: We offer a strong base salary of 125,000, incentive-based bonuses, full health, dental, vision (100% employer-paid Gold medical plan option) and a 401k.
- Flexibility + Work-Life Balance: As a remote organization, members of the DBT team can live and work anywhere.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Sick Leave: We encourage you to take at least 1 week off every 6 months, in addition to at least 15 paid company holidays each year.
- Work-Free Fridays: Every employee has a 4-day week every other week (outside of campaign season). Ask us for more details!
At Do Big Things, we believe the diversity of ideas, perspectives and cultures that our employees contribute to our company is among our strongest assets. DBT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community and others are strongly encouraged to apply.
Do Big Things is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming experience for all candidates and employees. If there are any accommodations we can provide for you during any phase of the hiring process, please let us know.
© 2023 Remote Jobs LLC