About the role
Dayshape is a single-product company that’s grown rapidly from start-up to scale-up. We now need an experienced, enterprise software product marketing manager to take us to our next stage of growth! We’re looking for someone to showcase how great our product is and make sure the market knows it too.
This is a hands-on role, collaborating with product and commercial teams to devise and execute your plan, including; sales enablement materials, value proposition and messaging frameworks, industry research, competitive assessments and positioning, public speaking, win-loss interviews, and building relationships with analysts and thought leaders. You’ll be proactive and motivated by working at pace; someone who can quickly deliver on our important needs while gaining the insights to devise a long-term strategy. In short, you’ll know both what to do, how to do it, and when.
What you’ll do
- Create and maintain compelling messaging frameworks and value propositions, and be responsible for keeping these consistent throughout the business
- Produce engaging and exciting product marketing and sales enablement content that showcases Dayshape’s market-leading USPs with the world
- Work closely with Product and be their conduit to the commercial departments
- Collaborate with the content marketing team to ensure the product vision, use cases, and benefits are surfaced in content throughout the buyer journey
- Conduct competitive research and devise strategies off the back of that intelligence
- Develop and improve product marketing strategy to drive new business growth, including improving processes, market intelligence, and product marketing KPIs
- Spend time “in market” (conducting win/loss analysis, customer discovery, analyst relations, etc.) to become an expert on pains and priorities, regulatory standards, competitive differentiation, use cases, and how Dayshape delivers value
- Share insights and make recommendations to product and commercial teams that enable the business to make informed decisions
- At least 4 years’ B2B product marketing experience - gained predominantly at enterprise software companies with long sales cycles, multi-level stakeholder groups, and 6-figure+ deals
- Can demonstrate success in an enterprise tech start-up or scale-up, especially by being a self-starter who constantly demonstrates initiative
- A product marketing background focused on winning new business (rather than customer retention and/or upsell)
- Can demonstrate experience of applying market insights and intelligence to create outputs that have made a measurable business impact
- Proven at transforming technical features and concepts into product positioning, messaging frameworks, and content themes
- Proactively collaborative and curious; with colleagues, target audiences, and industry experts. (Always asking “how and why?” in your professional and personal life)
- An effective cross-functional influencer
- Always up to date with the latest product marketing thought leadership, techniques, and trends
- Highly adaptable; you think big picture and strategically and thoroughly enjoy actively getting things done
- Self-motivated and acts at the appropriate pace by balancing important and urgent activities/initiatives/projects
Bonus points if you have
- Knowledge of professional services organisations, particularly accounting firms
- Experience taking a product to a new market
- Knowledge of April Dunford’s methodologies - we’re big fans!
What you’ll get
- £50,000 - 70,000 salary depending on demonstrable experience
- At least £1,000 per year to spend on professional and personal development
- 33 days' holiday per year (including bank holidays), increasing by 1 day each year to a maximum of 40 days
- 4 weeks paid sabbatical in your 5th anniversary year (on top of your holiday allowance)
- Private healthcare and rewards through Vitality
- Income protection and death-in-service cover
- Family leave policies
- Matched 5% auto-enrolment workplace pension scheme
- EMI options as part of our employee share options scheme
- Access to well-being offerings, such as our Employee Assistance Programme and a dedicated counselling service
- Innovation Week twice a year - a chance to experiment and work off-project
- Weekly All Hands meeting for inspiration and over-communication
- Time out of the working week for team socials each month, with a mix of in-person and virtual options: past events include hiking, family BBQs, online games, D&D, and at-home cocktail classes!
- Genuinely nice, smart people to work with, who are excited about growing our company
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week). We typically work from 09:00 - 17:30 from Monday to Friday, though we can be flexible around this, just let us know.
Our ideal candidate would be based in/near Edinburgh, but the marketing team is international and hybrid, so this can be a remote role in the UK. We make the most of hybrid working in our Edinburgh office, with most of the marketing team working from home 3 days a week, and coming into our office to connect, make use of space, and for meetings.
Join the team!
Equality of opportunity is more than just a responsibility: we believe it’s a huge advantage to welcome a variety of experiences and perspectives into the team. Diversity is a great asset and, as such, we strongly encourage applications from any background.
This is your opportunity to influence how we get things done, how our product is taken to market, and how we tell the Dayshape story and vision.
Everyone here is growing personally as the company grows, so if that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to see your application.
© 2023 Remote Jobs LLC