- 17 days ago
- 204 views
As a UI Designer focused on Design Systems, you’ll have experience building UI libraries and templates using Figma, plus a passion for evangelizing the design system across the organization.
We are looking for a highly organized, systems-focused designer that loves creating scalable solutions that remove barriers to productivity. In this role, you will work with and coordinate between Product, Engineering and Design teams. You will contribute in driving the vision, strategy, roadmap, build, and integration of Zenni’s design system.
You’ll assist with the development of various design libraries and component improvements for responsive web, iOS, and Android. You will collaborate with the team on writing documentation and maintenance of our design system website.
What we want you to own in this role
- Building new components or auditing submissions for adoption into the design system.
- Documenting requirements and guidelines for components, states, and expected user interaction.
- Maintain and evolve an accessible design system for responsive web and native app composed of UI elements, components, and patterns as well as their supporting specs and usage documentation.
- Ensure all deliverables are executed based on established UI Guidelines.
- Support Design Systems Lead, Product Managers, and UX and UI Designers through different phases of creative projects from concept to execution as needed.
- Actively collaborate with the Design, Product, and Site Merchandising team to establish visual consistency.
- Finalize and iterate on designs to create wireframe mockups for developers with Figma.
Experience / Requirements
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience in UX/UI design and design systems.
- Experience with industry-standard design and prototyping tools: Figma.
- Understanding of the higher functions within Figma such as, auto layout, component building, variant properties, and prototyping. A plus, used design tokens or variables.
- Must have a solid understanding of how UI patterns come together to create a comprehensive and cohesive design system.
- Understanding of responsive web design UI standards, usability and accessibility standards.
- Portfolio must exhibit an understanding of design craft (typography, hierarchy, color, and composition) and show experience working with design systems.
- You have experience working on a team and educating team members on best practices.
- In addition to applied knowledge of Design Systems, this role requires strong communication, facilitation, and organizational understanding.
- Success in this role will be increasing the velocity at which we ship new features and ideas while maintaining a measurable level of design quality and consistency.
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant certification in User Experience Design, Human-Centered Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or similar
- Passion for design systems and knowledgeable about new technologies and processes within the field of design.
- Experience with design best practices for web e-commerce UI standards, usability and accessibility standards.
- Experience working in project and bug tracking systems such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with technical writing or other documentation-based design.
- Services their team: patient, generous with their time, honest, fair, and encouraging
- Open to design risks and mistakes and always learns through them
- Holds themselves accountable for the success of their team
- Decisive under pressure
- Advocates for their team, advocates for the user
- A natural curiosity for understanding human behavior
- Believes User Experience is critical to good UI Design, advocate for great user experiences!
- Collaborative, respectful, always looking to improve and deliver a high-level performance
- A highly competitive base salary
- A great career trajectory in a stable, successful growing company.
- Cutting edge projects with opportunities for growth and professional development
- Excellent health benefits that the company pays for and 401k company match
- Annual Zenni Gift Card
- Great Work Life Balance
As of 01/01/2023, the expected annual compensation range for this position is 120000. Actual pay within this range will be based upon several factors, including without limitation education, work experience, certifications, geographic pay differentials, market conditions, and other business and organizational needs. The Company anticipates that the reasonably expected salary for this position could change in the future and, therefore, the Company retains the right to change, modify, or revisit the salary range for the position for various reasons, including the Company’s business needs.