The Cybersecurity Incident Response Team (CIRT) builds detections, investigates cybersecurity events, leads internal security incidents and digital forensic investigations, and builds custom solutions to automate response. We play a key role in securing Cruise's autonomous vehicles, customers and environments, and are aspiring to do digital forensics and incident response better than any other company in the world.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Triage alerts, and perform host and network log analysis
- Perform digital forensic artifact collection and analysis
- Lead complex security incidents involving partner teams within and outside of Security
- Build high-utility detections as code
- Lead complex projects centered on improving and automating detection and response
- Draft comprehensive and polished documentation from design documents to incident reports
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
- Experience responding to cybersecurity incidents in a corporate environment
- Expertise in digital forensics, with artifact knowledge across Windows and/or macOS
- Ability to maintain composure and organization in the midst of high-intensity incidents
- Knowledge of core network protocols, with a demonstrated ability to query and analyze network logs in incidents and investigations
- Coding/scripting proficiency in one or more languages, and the ability to pass a coding interview
- Fluency in SQL for querying complex data sets
- Expertise in static and dynamic malware analysis
- Experience performing analysis within EDR solutions (i.e. Carbon Black, CrowdStrike Falcon)
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
The salary range for this position is $140,800 - 207,000. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
- OUR BENEFITS ARE HERE TO SUPPORT THE WHOLE YOU:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care, and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex, a working policy for US-Based Cruisers, lets you and your manager find the working style that’s best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home, or a combination of home and in-office time. - learn more about CruiseFlex here
- WE’RE INTEGRATED
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- WE’RE FUNDED
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price, and Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- WE’RE INDEPENDENT
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- WE’RE VESTED
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow. We offer a new kind of equity program called Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO), which combines IPO-like liquidity with the stability of remaining private - learn more about RLO here
- WE’RE SAFETY CONSCIOUS
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, caste, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Candidates applying for roles that operate and remotely operate the AV: Licensed to drive a motor vehicle in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding your application, currently holding an active in-state regular driver’s license or equivalent, and no more than one point on driving record. A successful completion of a background check, drug screen and DMV Motor Vehicle Record check is also required.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
© 2023 Remote Jobs LLC