We’re looking for our first Director of Growth Marketing to lead our team in building a growth marketing machine (people, programs, process and technology) on top of an already strong foundation of product market fit, customer enthusiasm and advocacy, and product-led growth.
Your mission will be to drive the development and execution of strategies that boost awareness, engagement and revenue with our key customer segments. We’ll look to you to identify and prioritize campaigns and experiments, set and forecast against performance targets, and use data to understand and showcase the impact of your team’s work.
What you’ll do:
- Lead growth marketing strategy to achieve business-critical KPIs (volume, retention, conversion) and report to executives on performance and ROI
- Build, execute and measure campaigns across owned and paid channels (particularly SEO, CRO, email, chat, SEM and display)
- Develop a data-driven, customer-centric foundation for each channel that supports ongoing business needs
- Establish an experimentation-based approach to introducing new and emerging channels for customer acquisition and improving marketing efficiency, predictability, and scale
- Collaborate and align across Marketing, Sales, Rev Ops, and Finance to inform budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Partner with sales and sales development on maximizing conversions of marketing-generated leads and extracting the most value from marketing campaigns and data
- Work with the Product Growth team to leverage the product to drive customer acquisition, retention and expansion (Product Led Growth)
- Manage, develop and inspire the Growth Marketing team
How success will be measured in this role:
- Pipeline and Marketing Qualified Account (MQA) targets
- Pipeline sourced
- Campaign efficiency and effectiveness
- Website and lead conversion
- Established cadence of activity, reporting and feedback that increases pipeline
- Development of inbound/outbound pipeline strategy for multiple segments (SMB, mid-market, enterprise) in collaboration with sales leadership
Recruitment and development of a world-class growth marketing team
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 8+ years of professional experience, with 6+ years in B2B SaaS marketing (preferably in a Revenue Marketing, Demand Generation, Growth Marketing or Marketing Operations leadership role in a high growth environment)
- Strong track record of developing high-performing teams and effectively collaborating with sales development and sales teams to impact volume, value, velocity and conversion across the funnel
- Knowledge of marketing automation and CRM best practices; Hubspot and/or Salesforce experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of SEO, SEM, conversion rate optimization, account-based marketing / ABX, and lifecycle management
- Experience working across market segments (from SMB to Enterprise)
- Ability to get into the weeds with your team without losing sight of the big picture
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data and attribution models to find opportunities and actionable insights
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Director of Growth Marketing role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- An interview with several team members
- A final presentation
In the US, the starting salary for this role is between 180,000+, depending on skills and experience. Total compensation for this role consists of base salary, an annual bonus plan, and equity. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness_._ Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer two plans with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 85% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, as well as FSA and HSA options. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.
If you're excited about an opportunity at Muck Rack but your experience doesn't align perfectly with the requirements of the role outlined here, please don't let it stop you from applying. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we want to hear from you. You may be a great fit for this role or another position on our team. We deliberately encourage individuals from all backgrounds, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process and candidate experience.
© 2023 Remote Jobs LLC