Freelance, Senior Copywriter (Remote)
Maven is looking for an experienced Freelance, Senior Copywriter to join our Brand Creative team. This role will be primarily focused on B2B marketing initiatives (paid media, email nurture, website, enrollment marketing, etc.). Along with our Copywriter and Creative Lead, you’ll work closely with our cross-functional partners across Marketing, Product, Social, and Growth to ensure messaging is on-brand and impactful for each of our audiences, including enterprise clients, benefits leaders, healthcare professionals, and members.
As a Senior Copywriter at Maven, you will:
- Create, write, and edit engaging copy using the Maven brand voice and tone
- Conceptualize and develop copy across integrated digital campaigns, our website, emails, paid ads, and more
- Work directly with Creative Lead, cross-functional partners and internal leaders to understand their messaging needs and easily incorporate those asks into your work
- Collaborate closely with your Creative teammates to develop and refine ideas in an iterative and flexible process
- Present creative concepts to teams across the organization in a clear and compelling manner
- Clarify complex topics into easy-to-understand copy for B2B audiences
- Proof final deliverables and ensure final content is error-free and represented as intended
- Evolve the brand voice and support in strategizing new opportunities and improvements for our messaging
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting and creative strategy
- Portfolio of digital campaign work from small projects to large complex campaigns
- Ability to optimize for different contexts and media channels including print, web, social, and email
- Ability to write original, engaging, on-brand, grammatically correct copy
- Ability to work within an existing brand voice and adapt it for the medium and goals of a project
- Ability to manage competing opinions and deliver quality on-brand copy within a variety of contexts
- Passionate, detail-oriented, and proactive working style
- Innovative thinker and problem solver who’s comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in an agency or growth-stage startup environment
- Experience in healthcare, tech, and/or in B2B copywriting
This is a contract role and is not eligible for any benefits. For candidates in NYC, CA or CO, the salary range for this role is 110 p/h depending on experience.
Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will never ask for sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For general and additional inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.