- 16 days ago
- 108 views
As one of our first two devrel hires, this is your chance to really shine and help propel Flightcontrol into one of the most loved developer companies of this decade. This is a critical role in shaping Flightcontrol
We want to become known as the cloud education company. The place where all devs turn to become maestros of the cloud. We believe that most engineers are intimidated by cloud because 1) they don’t understand it and 2) they don’t have good tooling. We’re already working on the tooling, now we want to work on the education. We want to make cloud fun, understandable, and accessible to an entirely new generation of developers.
- Deeply understand our product, its strengths and weaknesses
- Create and distribute compelling technical content, including documentation, education, guides, demos, and videos
- We care about quality over quantity
- Help with customer success. As a small team, we all share this responsibility. Helping with this is one of the best ways to understand nitty-gritty details of our product, product improvement ideas, and documentation ideas.
- A customer recently said that we “have amazing support and developer success” and that it provides a tremendous amount of value to them
- Possibly, but not required: represent Flightcontrol at events
- Identifying relevant events for Flightcontrol and organizing our participation (meetups, conferences, hackathons, workshops, etc.),
- Ideally participating in 4-8 of these events per year, as a speaker or sponsor
- Identify and work on collaborations and integrations with other companies and projects
- Example: how to use Flightcontrol preview environments to run isolated Cypress e2e tests
- 1 year full-time devrel experience
- 2 years full-time software engineering experience and are comfortable with fullstack
- Some knowledge of basic AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda
- Teacher — can explain complex things in as simple a manner as possible
- Writer — great at writing technical content, ideally for 1+ years
- Grit — can ship content consistently over time through thick and thin
- Empathy — can learn and understand what’s important to developers and engineering organizations
- Credible — produces content that acknowledges the trade-offs and complexities of the real world
- Can overlap with 10a-noon US Eastern time (EST) . You can work from anywhere in the world, but we have our company wide meetings in the 10a-12p EST time range.
- 2+ years full-time devrel experience
- Experience in the AWS or cloud space
- Great at creating videos
- Conference speaking experience
- Great knowledge of the application hosting/deployment ecosystem
- Able to work with basic demos in several programming languages
- Experience with our stack: Typescript, React, Next.js
- Is Kind. We are a team that seeks to work really well together by building deep relationships. We have each other’s backs. We care about and check in on each other, and we enjoy being together. We have company retreats 2-3 times per year for a week at a time.
- Is Collaborative. We all work closely together to design and develop the best product possible. We want someone who is humble but will bring your own ideas on how to be more excellent.
- Takes Ownership. We offer significant equity because we want you to think at a higher level than just your daily tasks. We want you to help us shape the business. We need someone who loves to dig in and do what it takes to figure things out. And we want someone who is good at turning vague ideas into magnificence.
- Has a Growth Mindset. It matters more where you are going than where you are today. We’re looking for someone who loves to grow, improve, and learn new things.