- 19 days ago
- 79 views
Artera’s Accounting team is seeking a new Senior Director of Accounting. You will directly report into our VP of Finance, and will be responsible for leading and growing the Accounting team. You will have a wealth of experience leading talented Accounting teams for software companies and you are looking for your next challenge. This role will own this function and will have many opportunities to implement meaningful changes. This is a complex role that will present you with many opportunities to work on engaging projects.
- Establish accounting organization as the source of truth for financial and business metrics / performance
- Identify and implement process improvements within the Accounting team that drive faster and more accurate reporting, closing processes, and annual audit process
- Close monthly financial reports in <7 days, including three statement financial reporting on a GAAP basis
- Complete annual audit on public company timeframe (<3 months)
- Support the implementation of an ERP system and drive the maximum benefit from that system
- Implement dashboards and other application-based methods for reporting key financial and accounting metrics
- Own acquisition integration across accounting functions
- Implement acquisition accounting including the required adjustments to financial statements
- Develop risk management and mitigation strategy
- Implement industry standard accounting and financial controls
- Scale, mentor, coach and develop accounting team
- Proactively engage in constructive conversations with senior leaders
- 10+ years of corporate accounting experience with SaaS / technology companies
- Experience scaling accounting teams to $100M+ in SaaS revenue
- Extensive experience moving key accounting reports and schedules out of Excel / Google Sheets into NetSuite and other applications to improve operational controls and efficiency
- Proven track record of implementing systems / applications that increase process automation and efficiency across accounting functions to achieve greater scalability
- Deep understanding of NetSuite and experience using NetSuite to drive operational improvements
- Experience integrating acquisitions
- Experience completing annual audits in <3 months
- Deep understanding of ASC 606 and other SaaS accounting standards
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting standards and deep experience with monthly GAAP financial reporting, including consolidating multiple entities
- Passionate about developing and supporting the Accounting team
- Operates with a high level of integrity, equity, and accountability
- CPA License
- Experience with different exit strategies (M&A, IPO, etc.)
- Available to travel to our Santa Barbara, CA headquarters 2-4 times per year
- Public company reporting experience
- Experience managing SOX audit
- Tax expertise
- Experience working with international subsidiaries
- Big 4 experience
- Healthcare experience
- 30 Days - Start to build relationships with your team and understand the business
- 60 Days - Identify opportunities for improvement and present recommendations
- 90 Days - Develop workstreams, set clear project implementation plan(s)
Artera is Santa Barbara, CA based and remote friendly. If you are located outside of the Santa Barbara area and located within the United States and are interested in working remotely, APPLY TODAY. #LI-Remote #BI-Remote
WORKING AT ARTERA
- Company benefits - Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term & long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k) and more!
- Career development - Mentorship program, manager development cohorts, employee development funds.
- Generous time off - Company holidays, wellness days, and flexible time off.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) - We believe that everyone should belong at their workplace. Our ERGs are available for identifying employees or allies to join.
Actual base salary will depend on experience, skills, education, geographic location, and/or internal equity.
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at Artera Instagram (@artera_io) to hear from our employees about working at Artera.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Artera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at Artera are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Artera is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. Artera is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; Artera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.