About the role
We’re growing our business further in the US and as a result are looking to expand our Professional Services team in the geography. Our US Sales team are building up a great pipeline and we need people in the right time zone with the right business awareness to help onboard our new clients.
You'll be working closely with both UK and US Professional Services colleagues but will need to be independent and driven, customer facing and keen to learn out product and methods.
What you’ll do
You’ll be part of a dynamic and fast-moving team. You’ll directly steer customer implementation projects to a successful conclusion, driving a small team of engineers and software implementation consultants to help you achieve that. Your job is to make sure everyone is collaborating effectively and heading in the right direction delivering a unified customer experience.
As well as direct hands-on project management on some of our more complex implementations, you will be expected to play an active role within the Professional Services department. You will consider the needs of many end users and ensure product usage and engagement remains high.
As a member of the department, you will:
- Define, refine and embed standard processes and tools for running Dayshape implementations
- Create and improve off-the-shelf process documentation for Dayshape implementations
- Contribute project updates to company All Hands meetings
- Knowledge share with members of the team, ensuring you share your knowledge and experience and instil best practise ways of working, both in the PM space and help us better understand our US customers.
When directly managing projects, you will:
- Coordinate and present requirements gathering and configuration workshops to build an in-depth understanding of client processes and the problems that Dayshape will be solving
- Work with internal stakeholders to create Statement of Work documents, including detailed implementation plans with effort, cost and timelines
- Be the primary point of contact between the client and Dayshape, attending daily or weekly calls with the client as required to update on progress
- Manage customer expectations if we anticipate changes in timelines and/or budgets,
- Demonstrate clear leadership and a sense of accountability, and instil confidence
- Create project status reports, to track the delivery of the project with regards to timelines, dependencies and risks
- Use Dayshape software internally to manage project financials and take accountability for the success of the project
- Follow a change control process and coordinate with Finance to raise any necessary invoices for changes
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to ensure that any critical development for this implementation is on track and fit for purpose
- Thoroughly understand Dayshape and how our customers use it, in order to propose the best solutions.
- Work with our implementation consultants to manage the data migration process
- Coordinate planning and delivery of customer training
- Ultimately hand over the relationship to Customer Support and Account Management following the successful conclusion of the implementation
- Proven experience project managing the delivery of enterprise software implementations, and working with or within large corporate organisations
- Organised, detail-oriented, and disciplined when it comes to planning and controlling your projects
- Able to jump between different projects, prioritise, and quickly adapt to unexpected changes and complex problems
- Big picture aware, and renowned for spotting the icebergs nobody else has noticed
- Comfortable asking tough questions of the team and customer and holding them to account
- An excellent communicator, able to establish trust with and motivate just about anyone
- Service- and solution-minded to ensure we tackle challenges and create success for the customer
- Used to projects where winning “hearts and minds” is important, in a professional or enterprise environment
- A quick learner, you will enjoy getting a good grasp on the technical aspects of the software as well as understanding the value it brings to our customers
- Comfortable working in an environment where we’re still figuring some things out, coupled with a strong sense of initiative to suggest and implement improvements as we scale our business
- Be driven to work independently to drive your projects forward while a strong collaborator with your remote colleagues. Strong relationships with your Dayshape colleagues will be key to the success of all our projects.
What you’ll get
- Starting salary between 110K, depending on experience
- Generous PTO allowance of 20 days plus public holidays on top.
- Comprehensive healthcare plan.
- At least $1,400 per year to spend on professional and personal development.
- Monthly team events (sometimes in-person, sometimes virtual).
- Innovation Week twice a year - a chance to experiment and work off-project.
- At least one trip per year to our Edinburgh HQ, in Scotland.
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week). We typically work from 09:00 - 17:30 from Monday to Friday, though we can be flexible around this, just let us know.
We’re looking for a team member in the US who can be flexible across US time zones and have an overlap with our UK team, particularly during your onboarding period. There could be occasional travel to customer sites and the opportunity to visit our UK office in Edinburgh.
Join the team!
Equality of opportunity is more than just a responsibility: we believe it’s a huge advantage to welcome a variety of experiences and perspectives into the team. Diversity is a great asset and, as such, we strongly encourage applications from any background.
This is your opportunity to really influence how we get things done, and how we continue to achieve our ambitions in North America as part of the overall global growth strategy. We're doing well, but there's lots more to do to maintain the high bar and pace that we've set. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of we’d love to see your application.