- a month ago
- 150 views
VSCO is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to lead our data practice to new heights. As a key member of our team, you'll collaborate closely with our Head of Data and cross-functional teams, including finance and operations, to develop a data-driven understanding of our business and products. We're looking for someone who is not only passionate about data but also curious, eager to learn, and willing to dive deep into the pursuit of true insights. In this role, you won't just focus on SQL, Python, or metrics; you'll think holistically about our business's nature and direction. Your deep understanding in the context of our business will play a pivotal role in shaping VSCO's roadmap and product strategy. The opportunities and risks you identify and comprehend, in collaboration with finance and operations, will be instrumental in our growth and success as we continue to build a platform that empowers creators to thrive.
- Working with the finance team and other cross-functional partners to uncover the drivers of user engagement, success and retention, guiding the business with actionable recommendations
- Develop key data that distills what is most important to VSCO
- Guide the instrumentation, experimentation, and analysis of new features
- Collaborate with our Data Engineering team to drive improvements in our data platform to ensure quality, velocity, usability and enablement.
- Build scalable and interpretable reporting and visualizations to drive understanding
- Build predictions and forecasts to better understand what can happen and what if? Applying these models to problems in marketing, product and finance
- Help build the data-driven culture at VSCO and grow the data team
- 5+ years of full-time experience working as a Data Scientist at a fast-paced technology company
- Expertise in extracting, manipulating, and analyzing complex data sets using SQL and modern OLAP databases
- Skill and comfort using Python/Julia/R or other data-forward scripting languages for performing advanced statistical techniques
- Good understanding of ETL and data pipelines; Hands-on experience cleaning and aggregating large data sets for analysis and visualization (AIrflow/SQL/DBT)
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of statistical analysis techniques such as hypothesis testing and regression analysis
- Expert in communication, with a consistent track record of partnering across various teams and disciplines
Nice to haves
- Expert in writing ETL and data manipulation scripts in Airflow, Hive, or Spark
- Experience working with subscription-based mobile applications
- A deep appreciation for photography and the visual arts
- Experience working with finance, product and marketing to develop financial forecasts
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
The base salary for this position may vary based on several factors, including the approved job level. The base salary range for this role is 182,600. Salary is one component of our total compensation package. This position also qualifies for bonuses and equity (i.e. stock options). The benefits available for this position include flexible time off, a 401K retirement plan, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short and long term disability), and 11 paid holidays. We also provide paid sick time as required by state and local law. Additional benefits and perks are also offered for this position.