- a month ago
- 205 views
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Sales Development Manager to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
As a Sales Development Manager you will bring a growth mindset combined with an exceptional understanding of the enterprise buying process for Uplight’s SaaS solutions.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, results-oriented individual with a proven track record of exceeding quota, new business targets and supporting in the sale of large complex software, SaaS or services deals. An understanding of (or passion for and desire to learn about) the electric utility buying economics (including how both regulated and non-regulated utility models work) is a must.
You will identify and prospect new business opportunities, build relationships with existing clients, and work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to move opportunities down the funnel from marketing qualification to sales qualification by setting qualified meetings and generating pipeline opportunities.
What you will contribute:
- You will be responsible for converting inbound leads and discovering, with the support of Sales Directors, warm leads for outbound prospecting & meeting setting. By effectively communicating the value proposition of our products and services, you will nurture prospects through the earliest stages of the buying process.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients to understand their business needs and goals and identify alignment with Uplight’s products and solutions.
- Identify new business opportunities within our client base and our market by conducting market research and analysis and manage the top of the funnel sales cycle, converting marketing engagement to qualified sales pipeline.
- Interface with sellers regularly to understand their requirements, collaborate on lead qualification, and gather feedback on lead quality. By developing strong working relationships with sellers, you will become a valuable resource in refining sales strategies and ensuring smooth handoffs of leads.
- Conduct outreach campaigns and follow-up activities to engage potential customers through phone calls, emails, and other channels. Your ability to establish rapport and deliver a personalized experience will be essential in capturing prospects' interest.
- Develop a deep understanding of our SaaS products and solutions in the energy/utilities domain. You will need to articulate the features, benefits, and competitive advantages of our offerings, positioning them effectively to potential clients.
- Track and maintain accurate records of lead interactions and progress in the CRM system. Collaborate with the sales leadership to analyze performance data, identify areas for improvement, and optimize lead maturation strategies.
- Collaborate with internal teams including Marketing, Sales and Market Development to develop and execute strategic sales plans to grow Uplight’s pipeline.
- Meet and/or exceed business development goals while being well compensated for your efforts.
What you bring to Uplight:
- 7-10 years of inside sales experience, with a track record of successfully nurturing leads and generating opportunities in the SaaS industry, preferably with a focus on energy/utilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are crucial to effectively engage prospects, collaborate with sellers, and convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- The ability to turn complex information into simple and compelling stories.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills, with the ability to build strong relationships both with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the utility/energy industry is a distinct plus. Ability to learn the nuances of different segments of the utility market including decision making process, regulatory environment and market influences are important, too.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Uplight we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: 79,000 + commission
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.