- 3 months ago
- 348 views
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Engineering of our Core team. For candidates located in NYC, San Jose, San Francisco, or Seattle, please visit this link for compensation information. For candidates in all other eligible locations, the base salary range will be 131,000 USD per year.
About Engineering at Reverb
We believe in fast feedback cycles, pragmatic code, continuous deployment, and validating our ideas in production as soon as we can.
Our teams are highly collaborative and empowered to build a better experience for our customers. We rely on our ability to work as a team and incorporate different perspectives in order to ship meaningful and impactful software to our users.
The Search Science team is working to make fundamental changes to how users search and find the right piece of gear for them in our marketplace. The work this team does will be at the heart of the future of shopping for musical instruments online, allowing Reverb to build groundbreaking features connecting buyers to the products they're looking for. You’ll join a team of search authorities and will be an important part of building the systems and tools to enable an extraordinary musical instrument search.
Projects you might work on in your first 12 months:
- Building tooling to evaluate search changes
- Crafting search APIs with high throughput and uptime
- Connecting search APIs to our GraphQL middleware and implementing user-facing A/B experiments
- Updating data pipelines to enable data for training and validating ML models
Here are the qualities we look for in our potential hires
Product ownership: We are not just software engineers. At Reverb, you’ll be encouraged to follow the performance of features you release, talk to product and design, fix bugs, and understand your impact on the business.
Self-motivation: Taking the initiative to get things done by finding ways around potential roadblocks and proactively working with other team members to find right-sized solutions.
Learning and Teaching: You are someone who likes to participate in code reviews and work with other engineers to learn and to teach. You enjoy new challenges and learning new things to help you do your work more effectively.
3+ years of experience developing user-facing features for web applications (we primarily use Ruby, Go, and Python)
- Experience with user-facing Search whether it’s on the experience or backend
- You understand that being an effective software engineer is as much about communicating with people as it is about writing code
- You consider trade offs consider all perspectives when making a technical decision
- You are always looking to further your own understanding of software development, and are continuously looking to learn more.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with the lifecycle of ML models
- Experience with Elasticsearch or Solr
Remote-eligible roles (as indicated in the location header of each job description) are available in all U.S. states except Alaska and Hawaii. Remote roles are currently only available within the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the specific job description.
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee, spouse or domestic partner, and all eligible dependents. Medical coverage includes gender affirming care.
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy that includes vacation, sick/mental health days plus 11 paid holidays and two floating holidays
- Professional development and continued learning opportunities through access to mentoring, 1:1 coaching, and platforms like Skillsoft, LinkedIn Learning and Codecademy
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $25,000 reimbursement of adoption and/or surrogacy related expenses
- Paid sabbatical program
- $1,000 annual work/life stipend
- Access to free supplemental online mental health services and meditation apps
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!