- 9 months ago
- 155 views
Ruby on Rails
We are on a journey to help thousands of creators and businesses create, monetize, and grow their audiences. Our mission is to help others succeed by providing a superior suite of content creation tools, advanced data analytics, robust growth engines, end-to-end customization, and monetization opportunities at scale.
You will be a great fit if you have a well thought-out technical perspective that you balance with a practical desire to ship to customers. We’re seeking a self-motivated teammate who communicates early and often, and strives for the whole team to succeed. We respect each other as individuals and know work is just one part of life; we want you to have the flexibility and support you need to achieve fulfillment in your personal and professional lives.
Technologies we work with:
- Ruby on Rails
- Redis, PostgreSQL, and SQL
Ideally you will have:
- Experience and desire to work with the above technologies
- Basic understanding of REST APIs
- Comfortable writing thorough tests and prioritizing QA and related processes
- Competent with git
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with an agile development team
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
Nice to have:
- Experience using Heroku, Sentry, Github
- Familiarity with email-specific topics, such as HTML email templating, cross-device management, SMTP, email deliverability, integrating with ESPs, inbox providers, etc.
- Keen design eye and a passion for building great user experiences
- Experience working on small, highly productive engineering teams
- Becoming proficient with our technology stack
- Routinely shipping meaningful features that increase our users' ability to grow and monetize
- Leading the development of several high-impact product initiatives
- Prioritizing and triaging a backlog of in-demand feature requests and bugs
- Transitioning our tech ecosystem into a more robust and performant version of itself, continuously optimizing for scale
- Documenting your thought processes and development
- Bringing new ideas to work, suggesting creative solutions, and collaborating with others to bring the absolute best product to market
We're remote. We believe that your best work is done where you feel safe, comfortable, and supported.
Empathy, not ego. Empathy opens the door to problem solving. Our team is uniquely talented and we can solve any problem when we lead with empathy.
Bias towards action. Most decisions can be changed or altered, but progress cannot be created without action. It is almost always better to deliver something today over something that may be better tomorrow.
Complete transparency. You will have full access to business metrics about the company.
Owner-attitude. Ownership creates a sense of pride and accountability. It empowers someone to stand up for what is right, with a long-term outlook.
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) employer match
- Unlimited PTO (mandatory 10 days per year minimum)
- Twice-annual in-person team retreat
- Unlimited book budget
- Two month sabbatical every three years
- Mental health day each month