About the role:
As a People Team Project Manager, you'll play a vital role in driving organization-wide objectives by collaborating with our People leaders and cross-functional teams. You'll spearhead projects that scale our talent and culture.
As a natural problem-solver, you'll leverage your creativity and strategic vision to lead projects from inception to completion. This will include a balance of hands-on building, and leading project resources. Your passion for developing strong partnerships with key stakeholders will be critical to your success in this role.
This position sits within our People Experience Programs team, where you'll have the opportunity to make a big impact on our company's growth through our number one resource - our people.
You should apply if:
- You want to make a difference: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by the best and brightest professionals out there.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Project Management
- D__rive key results by providing end-to-end project management and change management support for strategic organizational objectives.
- Plan, design, build and execute projects against project plans, change management plans, and go-live and business readiness plans.
- Ensure that projects are well defined, scoped, and project resources meet deliverables on time and within budget.
- Utilize data, insights and systems knowledge to influence decision-making, evaluate the effectiveness of initiatives, and drive continuous improvement aligning with our long-term strategy.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Drive business priorities with project sponsors and functional leaders in the People team.
- Evaluate proposed projects using the Programs prioritization tool to determine impact and resource investment.
- Consult with internal stakeholders by leveraging data insights, prioritization tools, and solution design methodologies to maximize impact and resources.
- Create and deliver compelling material appropriate to audiences of different levels, including senior executives.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team)
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of experience in leading projects end to end
- Deep understanding of end-to-end project management methodologies and frameworks
An ideal candidate also has:
- 8+ years of related working experience (e.g. project manager roles)
- Exposure to and interest in Talent & Culture related projects
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive nature demonstrated through challenging the status quo as well as independently seeking information, developing a plan, and corralling and influencing resources to deliver results in challenging situations
- Experience using cloud-based project management technologies
- Experience building, analyzing and leveraging reports to influence business decisions
This role is open to candidates residing in the US except Alaska, California, Denver metro, Connecticut, Chicago metro, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Austin metro, Dallas metro, Houston metro, Washington, Washington DC metro
compensation program is designed to deliver Total Direct Compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is at or above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock unit awards (RSUs) for eligible roles. For eligible roles, a new hire RSU award may be awarded at the time of hire, and additional RSU refresh grants may be awarded annually.
We pay for performance, and top performers in eligible roles may receive above-market equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
The range of annual base salary for full-time employees for this position is below. Please note that base pay offered may vary depending on factors including your city of residence, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.