- 5 months ago
- 115 views
Job Title: Senior Research Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Market Intelligence Research
Location: UK/Europe (candidates must hold valid right to work in the country they reside).
Please do not apply if outside of Europe.
Hours: Full Time
Salary range: £45,000 - £47,000
The Market Intelligence team is at the core of the Climate Bonds’ mission to mobilise global capital for climate action. The team operates globally, research and reports It also contributes market analysis to policy, market development and other Climate Bonds projects.
The Senior Research Analyst will contribute to all these activities. Their work will be at the forefront of sustainable finance and provide issuers, brokers, investors, policymakers and other stakeholders with key analysis and insights on leveraging capital markets to solve the climate crisis and by building resilient economies and societies.
- Manage, develop, and maintain the Climate Aligned database.
- Produce and manage the development of accurate, impactful analytical reports, briefings and other publications on green social, sustainability, sustainability-linked, and transition bond issuance.
- Evaluate transition reports or other data pertaining to company transition and incorporate this into entity level databases and research products.
- Monitor market developments, and trends, and explore opportunities to extend the research suite.
- Plan outputs and contributing to proposal writing, as well as assisting with the preparation of project budgets.
- Coach and assist junior team members in the structure and presentation of their output.
- Contribute to and review the work of colleagues in regional teams
- Present research outputs and market analysis, including through webinars and conferences.
- Task manage interns, where applicable.
- Support the work of the co-Heads of the Market Intelligence team on other relevant tasks and projects as required.
- Professional approach to own work with a can-do attitude and confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to manage own time, and steer collaborative projects to conclusion.
- Ability to work independently and produce work to deadlines, to the expected standard.
- Reliable and collegiate.
- Comprehension of debt markets
- Enthusiasm for the Climate Bonds mission
- University degree in a relevant subject(s)
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience of structuring and producing research independently
- Experience of managing, developing, and interrogating large datasets.
- Modelling skills in MS Excel
- Ability to apply integrity and accuracy to own work and that of others.
- Ability to interrogate Bloomberg and Refinitiv Eikon.
Specific Job Skills:
- An understanding of the investment process, the roles of key stakeholders, and financial instruments.
- Modelling skills in Python
- Experience in working with a team with a multi-cultural background and across time zones.
- Experience in fixed-income product research, structuring, rating, or investing.
- Experience in working with investors and/or regulators.
What’s in it for you?
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.