- 7 months ago
- 130 views
WHAT YOU'LL DO AT H1
- Lead the accounting and controller function across all areas of responsibility, providing expert and strategic guidance on matters impacting the company’s financials, operational and technical accounting
- Oversee the month-end close process, preparing financial statements, and working with the business stakeholders and the accounting team to reduce the number of days to close. This includes handling advanced account reconciliations and journal entries, preparing variance analyses, and ensuring accounting activities are well supported and documented
- Establish effective financial controls to ensure predictable and smooth operations, including cash management
- Oversee management of accounting infrastructure and systems, including implementation of new systems where necessary, and improving Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and expense processes.
- Seek out opportunities to implement improved processes, systems, and workflow to allow financial infrastructure to scale, proactively
- Take accountability for annual financial audits
- Develop internal accounting policies, including revenue recognition, equity transactions, debt transactions, strategic and M&A transactions, and new accounting standards
- Manage international structure, including transfer pricing, compliance, and FX management. Bring workflows managed by third party firms for international accounting in house
- Oversee tax, ensuring accuracy of records and reporting
- People development and team building, provide mentorship and guidance while helping the team to excel and grow in their roles
You pride yourself on your integrity, detail orientation, creativity, process excellence, and a solutions-oriented mindset. You have excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, and an ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external partners at all levels. You are eager and resourceful, self-motivated to develop your expertise in new areas. You move with urgency without sacrificing accuracy, meeting deadlines and you prioritize and manage your time to make things happen.
- 10+ years of accounting experience, with 2+ years in an Assistant/Associate Controller role
- Public accounting firm and private industry experience, foundational training in an audit role
- Experience in the SaaS/software industry and knowledge of industry specific standards
Not meeting all the requirements but still feel like you’d be a great fit? Tell us how you can contribute to our team in a cover letter!
This role pays 200,000 per year, based on experience, in addition to company stock options.
- Full suite of health insurance options, in addition to generous paid time off
- Pre-planned company-wide wellness holidays
- Retirement options
- Health & charitable donation stipends
- Impactful Business Resource Groups
- Flexible work hours & the opportunity to work from anywhere
- The opportunity to work with leading biotech and life sciences companies in an innovative industry with a mission to improve healthcare around the globe
H1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
H1 is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please reach out to your recruiter once you've begun the interview process. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.