- 9 months ago
- 142 views
We are on a mission to secure medical devices and protect those who use them.
Does the challenge of designing Java applications for scalable, fast growing systems that detect and prevent advanced security threats excite you? Do you enjoy working in a start-up environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions?
The Heimdall Engineering team is seeking server-side a Java Software Development Engineer who isexcited to work on a talented team to solve challenging problems related to managing Software Bill-of-Materials (SBOM) and tracking potential vulnerabilities in medical devices. Our challenges are broad and deep -- we need to build a flexible, secure, scalable, high-performance and robust platform with a user friendly interface.
MedCrypt offers an industry competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance. Employee premiums are 99% paid for by the Company. Other benefits include a pre-tax 401(k) with company match, unlimited-time off and remote friendly team.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing highly available and scalable database driven Java applications with or without cloud services
- Interface with project managers and developers
- Be responsible for promised deliveries in time
- Collaborate with Project Management and cross functional teams
- Review technical designs and perform code review
- Moderate experience developing Java server applications, driven by relational databases
- Solid understanding of core concepts of Java technologies and standards
- Strong passion for developing quality code
- Hands-on development of distributed systems
- Experience creating efficient test-driven development workflows
- Experience using Agile software development in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience with ReactJS
- Experience with RESTful APIs and API integrations
- Quarkus Platform Experience
- Experience implementing relational databases
- Postgres Experience
- AWS Cloud Services Experience
- Passion for and knowledge of software security best practices
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems and the Git workflow, including pull requests, code reviews, and CI/CD systems
- Experience with Web Sockets and real time messaging
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job posting. At MedCrypt we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined.