- 19 days ago
- 158 views
We are building a world-class engineering team to automate one of the most regulated spaces in the financial sector - the mortgage and housing industry. We come from companies like Google, Facebook, Spotify, Oscar Health, and Twilio. You’ll join a small, tight-knit group of engineers who are developing flexible backend architecture to accurately handle billions of dollars at scale. In addition, our team of engineers is fulfilling Valon’s mission by creating a great user experience to help homeowners manage their mortgages through a platform that delivers new features quickly and with quality. Our tech stack is built on Python, React, Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Learn new concepts and technologies quickly and apply them to challenging problems
- Design and build robust and extensible infrastructure to handle evolving and complex federal, state, and agency regulations
- Dive deep to understand the inner workings of a highly complex industry
- Work with Product and Design to define the best experience for our customers
- 4+ years of software engineering experience building quality software applications at scale
- Strong communicator. Able to work cross-functionally to balance product and technical requirements
- Great at building scalable systems from scratch with a fast turnaround
- Experience with one or more of the following: web application development, mobile application development, building large-scale distributed systems, or infrastructure management
- Time management skills that will maximize efficiency in a fast paced startup environment
- Base Compensation Band: 205,000
- Compensation; competitive salary with a meaningful stake in the company via equity and our performance bonus program
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, One medical membership, and Talkspace to provide mental health support
- Food & meal allowance; in-office snacks, drinks, Tuesday dinners, and $400 monthly stipend towards your lunches or groceries
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including regular review cycles that feature 360 degree feedback
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful and a one-time $200 stipend for your initial desk setup
- Generous time off; paid time off, uncapped sick days, and 11 company holidays
- Baby bonding time!; 3 months off for birthing parents and 2 months off for non-birthing parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
emails. We won't ever be asking for any personally identifiable information during the interview process itself. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any requests to verify the authenticity of an outreach.
Valon is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Valon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.