Senior UX Content Designer
- 3 months ago
- 105 views
As Senior UX Content Designer, your role will be to shape the content that guides and enables our caterers, drivers, and account managers to use ezCater’s platforms with confidence and ease. You’ll elevate the voice of the ezCater brand and help us discover the most natural ways of helping our partners succeed. You’re not just a writer, you’re a well-rounded problem solver living at the intersection of user experience, UX writing, product thinking, and research. You’ll be part of a small but mighty group of writers inside our Product Design team, but also work closely with talented writers on our marketing team.
What you'll do
- Write and edit elegant content that helps our users succeed at a wide range of tasks.
- Ensure a graceful and helpful voice is consistent throughout user journeys across web, native app, and messaging touch points.
- Partner with researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers to establish content patterns, taxonomies, and consistent approaches to components that improve usability and predictability within our customer experiences.
- Help our customers, delivery staff, and catering partners feel welcomed, empowered, and supported because of the content you create.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of product designers, product managers, researchers, and marketing partners to launch and iterate on products.
- Test and validate your work with real customers through research and data analytics.
- Document and share the rationale behind your work and critical insights that come by way of data and user research.
- Define and maintain writing standards by contributing to content guidelines and content components to be incorporated into our company design system, Recipe.
- Foster a culture of inclusivity and accessibility in our products and also within our organization.
What you have:
- 4+ years of Content Design / UX Writing experience with web or mobile apps.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Extensive knowledge of content best practices for UX writing, information architecture, taxonomies, and support content.
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data in content decisions.
- A transparent and open approach to working that invites others into the process.
- Deep empathy for users and a passion for improving their experience.
- Ability to express your thinking visually, and although you’re a writer, fearlessly sketch and brainstorm alongside your teammates.
- A positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- A detailed portfolio that showcases a knack for solving complicated problems and how your work has led to positive business and customer impact.
- Comfort with pivoting quickly when business needs change.
- Soft skills that are as well developed as your writing skills.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
Bonus points if you have:
- Wisdom to share from other writing, editorial, and information architecture roles (not many Content Designers started in Content Design!).
- Previous experience working with a design system.
- Experience writing for B2B audiences or marketplaces.
- Worked in the restaurant or delivery industry.
The national cash compensation range for this role is 174,000* per year
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.
© 2023 Remote Jobs LLC