- 21 days ago
- 236 views
- Understand the diverse needs of our brilliant student community in order to create and deliver experiences that deeply resonate. You’ll strive to understand the what, why, and how of the problems you’re solving to ensure we don’t just ship the thing right, but we ship the right thing. And you know the answer is always our students.
- Collaborate closely with our engineering teams to mold concepts into flows and flows into prototypes that we test, build, and ship.
- Relentlessly raise the design bar, ensuring our students are delighted by effortless and gratifying experiences every time they come to Mos. While we move fast, we don’t compromise on quality. We are counting on your intuition and judgment to hold the line where it counts, and infuse user-centered design principles deep within our organizational DNA.
- Take charge of the entire design process from ideation to detailed flows and screens. You are an owner; you love and crave responsibility. We’ll need you to trust your instincts and proactively run the ball down the field.
- Prior experience as a senior product designer on consumer-facing, mobile first products, preferably social, finance and or gaming products. Experience operating in a fast-paced startup is a must.
- You are known first and foremost for being an incredibly logical and methodical thinker and for your relentless desire to understand “why.” Design is both an art and a science — but you know the best design is science; in fact it's what fuels your success.
- You are known next for your deep empathy — you hear the meaning behind others’ words. Your products are more than incredibly well structured flows that get jobs done, they create experiences that tap into deeper emotions, aspirations, and human behaviors.
- You loathe designing in a vacuum — you are fired up to hear that we have our own student research community at our fingertips, and we hold ourselves accountable to continuously incorporate user feedback to test, iterate, and hone our ideas.
- You have structured and conducted user research engagements, managed prototyping-feedback processes, and repeatedly traversed the development journey from prototype to functional build to in-market product.
- You are highly adept at conveying concepts through wireframes, flows, and high fidelity mockups and consider yourself a Figma wizard.
- You crave personal hyper-growth and aspire to become the best at what you do. You have the humility and courage to grow as we grow. You see yourself still in the craft in design in the coming years VS people management.
- You are compelled by the call to design products that build habits that truly change lives. You understand this will require you to transform hyper-complex and tedious flows into simple and engaging experiences — and you are both excited by and committed to the cause.
- Results are what matters, you understand data, and you are well referenced by engineers and product teams alike.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- This position is eligible for equity
- Opportunity to contribute to a retirement plan
- Flexible PTO policy, which includes vacation, personal leave, and sick leave in accordance with all state and local laws in which we hire
- Generous paid parental leave
- Monthly virtual fun with the team
- The opportunity to become a disrupter of the financial system
At Mos, we know that we cannot be disrupters of the financial system if we do not foster a workplace environment that thrives on diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Building a diverse and inclusive team is the only way we can effectively work toward our mission of breaking down all financial barriers to opportunity.
Mos is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage candidates of underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The pay range for this role and level of experience is 180,000. Compensation is dependent on candidate location, job-based skills and qualifications, experience, and other factors. This salary range may be subject to adjustments in the future.
Interested in joining us? Please submit your resume along with your portfolio, website, or any other supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.