We’re on the hunt for our next Back-end Developer, but not just anyone will do.
Here’s a snapshot (but not all) of your technical responsibilities:
- Is proficient in both PHP and Node.js
- Is proficient building/utilizing APIs and integrating back-end services
- Is proficient with module bundlers, such as Webpack, Browserify and rollup.js
- Has experience using Craft, ExpressionEngine, Wordpress and/or other CMS platforms
- Has experience creating plugins for Craft, ExpressionEngine, Wordpress and/or other CMS platforms
- Is capable of building responsive, mobile-first websites
- Is proficient with Git and using GitHub
- Is conscious of site performance—during initial request and on-page—and wants to decrease HTTP requests, reduce browser repaints and deliver lightning fast websites to any and all browsers
- Understands the importance of progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Is vigilant about web standards, performance, accessibility and usability
- Is proficient researching and providing recommendations on services/technologies for various projects
- Is capable of collaborating with the UI/UX team to build interactive prototypes
- Can provide technical insight to designers
Here are some of your general responsibilities:
- Be flexible enough that you can juggle multiple projects while also being focused enough to remain committed to projects that span multiple weeks to complete.
- Be dedicated and meticulous while taking great pride in delivering the highest quality work.
- Be comfortable providing and receiving constructive criticism with the goal of bettering everyone involved.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Appreciate, enjoy and critique design.
- Be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Provide reliable estimates for development deliverables.
- Communicate well both internally with other team members and externally with clients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- At least three years of professional, post-collegiate experience
- A B.S., B.F.A. or equivalent work experience
- Must be a U.S. resident. Bonus points if you live in Indianapolis.
If this all sounds right to you, please apply below. A phone call will not increase (and may decrease) your chances, so give us some time to look over your materials. If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll reach out to you.
Job Perks: New equipment, Ongoing Education, Snacks, Happy Hour, Health Insurance, 401k, Training, Swag, Bike Racks and Showers, Philanthropy, Paid Time Off, Parties, Lunch and Learns, Coffee/Tea/Soda, Flexible Schedules, Rooftop with a Grill and Outdoor Kitchen, Modern Environment
Apply: If this all sounds right to you, please email us your resume and your GitHub account. A phone call will not increase (and may decrease) your chances, so give us some time to look over your materials. If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll reach out to you.